Monday, April 11, 2011

Determining in My Heart

If I was to use a word to sum up last week, it would not be "fun". It seemed like everything was working against me. Reagan was teething, allergies hit everyone and Andrew dislocated his shoulder AGAIN!!!
There was one point in the week that I seriously wanted to crawl into a cave and just wallow. A pity party was starting in full swing.
But I took a minute to stop and make my heart quiet before God. A friend of mine posted a prayer that was so beautiful, I immediately printed out a copy.

Nothing, O Lord is liker to Thy holy nature than the mind that is settled in quietness.
Thou hast called us into the quietness and peace of Thine,
from out of the turmoils of this world, as it were,
from out of storms into a haven;
which is such a peace as the world cannot give,
and as passeth all capacity of man.
Grant now,
O most merciful Father, that,
through Thine exceeding goodness,
our minds may yield themselves obedient unto Thee
without striving;
and that they may quietly rise into that sovereign rest of Thine above.
Grant that nothing may disturb or disquiet them here beneath;
but that all things may be quiet and calm through that peace of Thine.
Amen


I decided that before I could concentrate on having fun, I needed a moment of quiet. So I put together a corner of the dining room as my quiet space.


Even if I don't have time to sit in it, I can glance at it and it brings me back to a quiet heart. I started realizing that one of the reasons I struggle with fun is because there is so much going on in my mind. I concentrate on so many things, that I don't really need to concentrate on. Looking at that corner is a reminder that I need to keep my priorities in check.
So once my mind was quiet I decided to "force fun". No, I wasn't feeling it at first, but I took the kids to the park. Watching them play I began to loosen up and realizing that watching my children play is fun for me. I have also been taking alot of pictures. Being behind the lens of my camera is also fun for me, and when I can combine those two things.....it is wonderful!




Spending time outside, exploring spring!!




Taking this picture was alot of fun!!! She was laughing the entire time!



An artistic moment at the fountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment