Friday, April 22, 2011

Something to Share

I read this this morning in my devotions and just wanted to share!

“Lord, I think maybe you’re getting me accustomed to the idea that I am not an archangel.
Or course you know that I’m not and I know I’m not. But I must admit that periodically I try to behave as though I were. And most of my problems seem to stem directly from that fact.
I’d like to think that I’m perfect; with no limitations, impure motives, human weaknesses; everything under control and all together. And every time I catch myself thinking and behaving that way life becomes not just burdensome but horrendous.
Lord, thank you for letting me know that I’m not perfect yet but that you’ll get me there if I let You. Thank you for reminding me that I’ll never have it all together until we meet face to face.
Lord do archangels need you as much as I do?
Father, thank you for setting me free. Free to be poor, little, weak. Thank you for setting me free. Free to be misunderstood, rejected, forgotten.
Thank you for setting me free. Free to be unsatisfied, empty, stripped.
Thank you for setting me free. Free to break though, let go, enter the flame.
Father, thank you for setting me free by binding me more closely to Yourself!”

Brennan Manning “Souvenirs of Solitude”

No comments:

Post a Comment