Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week Two: A New Friend


So this week was the start of "Dump Your Plump". My competitive spirit has kicked in and I am determined to "dump my plump".
To do this I have been working out this week more than I think I ever have in my life. After I go to the gym today I will have worked out five days this week! And because of this I have a new friend....the elliptical machine!
I was hesitant to try it at first, I have always been more of a treadmill girl, but after the first time I was hooked! I can go longer and faster on it! I have been averaging four miles each workout.
I find myself missing it the days I don't go. I had always heard of people becoming addicted to exercise and seriously, I thought they were crazy! I know at this point I could just be riding an adrenaline high, but I really do want to keep this attitude and really make working out a habit.
I haven't noticed too much in the way of weight loss, but I am trying not to solely concentrate on that, but rather on how I feel. I have to say I have felt happier this week, and have more energy.
As far as my other resolutions for this month go, I am still doing better than I usually am at this point. My eating habits have improved (although I am not counting calories tonight because it is Birthday Date Dinner night). I am sticking with my bedtime routine even though it has been a struggle some nights when all I want to do is fall into bed! Overall I am pretty proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment