Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A picture says it all....

This morning I got to go sledding, I haven't done that in years. As I was uploading the pictures I saw one that my friend took of me sledding.
And it hit me...this picture summed up the kind of mom I want to be. The past couple of weeks I have had to be "nurse mom", and that is very exhausting, it has been followed by "cranky mom", "irritable mom" and "extremely tired and stressed out mom". I don't like being those moms.
But today after a rocky start to the morning I took time just to play, to be silly, to laugh and to scream as we went down the hill.
I realized I really need to do that more often. I need to not get so caught up in the things that "need to be done" that I forget to take the time to play and have fun.
This whole year is my journey to become happier with my life. This morning I found out that one of the things that makes me happy is just playing.
As moms we have to wear many different hats, but I need to remember to put on my silly hat more often.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you and not just for moms but for everyone..lol. I am just as silly and playful as I was when I was going to school. More mature but silly just the same. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete