Wednesday, December 15, 2010

June Cleaver May Have Been On To Something.....



So while I don't plan on starting my "journey" until the New Year, I have been trying to make little changes in my day to day life.
One of my biggest complaints about myself is that I feel frumpy...and I hate feeling that way! I have written off the feeling, saying that I will feel that way until I loose the weight I want, and have a brand new wardrobe. But honestly, I am tired of feeling that way.
Over the past few years I have been blessed by acquiring some nice jewelry pieces that I haven't really worn because I always have looked at jewelry as things to wear when you go out. My friend Kelly's mom gave me a wonderful small strand of pearls.....yes, you may start with the June Cleaver jokes. The other day I wore them, just around the house, it was something little but it really did make me happier...and yes...I even vacuumed the floor with them on.


I have also been making sure to do my hair and at least put on mascara. They sound like really little things, but it really has made me feel less frumpy. Part of me really struggled with the idea of feeling shallow...I know the outward appearances don't matter as much as what is in your heart. But the more I thought about it I realized that our physical body is given to us by God and he wants us to be good stewards of it. As I get ready every morning I feel like I am getting ready for a purpose. It doesn't matter if I leave the house or not, I am getting ready for me. And to quote the song, "I feel pretty...oh so pretty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment