Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Game Plan for January


To start off my happiness project I want to start off by establishing healthy habits to take care of my physical body.
The idea itself is very broad. I have started out many January’s in my life vowing to take care of myself better, but by the end of January I have fallen into old habits. So I am breaking it down into different areas, so that it becomes smaller and more manageable.
One of the things I have learned from “FlyLady” is that it is important to establish bedtime routines. Now I have done that for my children, but not for me. I have come to the conclusion that it is just as important for me, as for them. Some of these things may seem a little trivial, but it is the little things that I tend to push aside when I am too tired.
So here is my before bed routine:
1.Brush teeth
2.Wash Face
3.Use lotion
4.Brush hair 100 times
5.Read at least a chapter of a “fun” book


When it comes to working out I really struggle. The things I would like to do, I don’t have time for, or at least time for when I have the energy. I would really like to get involved with Roller Derby. Now, I can hear those of you who know me laughing, because I am not exactly the most “sports oriented” person. But I really think that it would be fun, but I need to work up to that. So that is my ultimate goal, but here are the things I want to do daily to help me get there.
1.Walk to the mailbox each day
2.Do yoga each morning during Reagan’s first nap
3. Suck it up and go to the gym 3 times a week
4.Dance for at least 15 minutes with the kids each day


Another area of struggle for me is my eating habits. I tend to let myself get too hungry and then make bad decisions on what to put in my body. I make sure that my kids eat healthy, but put myself on the back burner.
1.Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day
2.Plan breakfasts/lunches
3.Portion out snacks
4.Establish my eating schedule


As I am writing this it does seem like a lot, but here is my game plan. Week one I am going to work on my bedtime routine, week two I am going to continue the bedtime routine, but add in the exercise, and then week three add the eating habits.

To keep track I am making a calendar to make a mark on each day I reach my goal.

I am really excited to start 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome plan Kate! Maybe we can walk together once the weather gets a little warmer? It's always more fun to work out with a friend.

    ReplyDelete