Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I May Have to Buy a Tiara!

As I stated in my previous post, May is the month I want to focus on my spiritual life.
After one of my favorite bloggers mentioned Beth Moore's study of the fruit of the Spirit, I decided to try the study.
Week 1 has been entitled "Free at Last". It has been all about letting go, which is something that I really struggle with. Today's study really spoke to me, the title, "Credited Righteousness".
In my head I have a list of what I call, "My Major Mistakes". It is a list that while I have asked forgiveness for, I still hold over my own head. I still beat myself up over these things on a daily basis.
The study points out that God never points out sin for the purpose of instilling hopelessness, guilt and poor self esteem, which is what I feel when I think about my "Major Mistakes".
So as I was finishing my study this morning I started making a mental list of the way God sees me.
- I am His daughter, and since He is the King that makes me a princess! (break out the tiara!)
- I am unique...He created me for a distinct purpose.
- I am made in His image
- I am pure...He sees me through the blood of Jesus

Does that the change the way I see myself...yes it does. Does it mean that I will still struggle with seeing my mistakes when I look at myself? Yes it does, but know I have ammunition when the lies start coming.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're doing this study. I loved it and am thinking of doing it every year! :)

    ReplyDelete