Monday, February 7, 2011

Patting myself on the back....


With a revolving sickness going through our house on top of my surgery that happened a week earlier than I expected housework has kinda fallen to the wayside.
Normally I would run around frantically and try to get everything done in one day and end up overdoing it and getting really tired, frustrated and crabby....not a good combination when you are a mom.
So today I fought my instincts and brought out my cleaning schedule, and just did what Monday called for....dusting the dining room, cleaning the front door and mopping the entrance way. I also did my deep cleaning for today, cleaning the vents and picture frames in the living room. Other than finishing up the laundry...another Monday chore, and general upkeep that you do during the day when you have two children my housework is done.
My schedule is designed so that by Friday the house it clean, and that is really good enough for me since we are having family over for Reagan's birthday. I don't have to have everything done in one day...I am not Super Mom, I would look silly in the cape! (and yes, I do have to repeat that to myself multiple times during the day!
Doing things this way ment that I had both time and energy to sit on the floor and play Little People with my little people. And I discovered something, I would rather have a few spots on my floor then loose out on this time with my little ones.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So proud of you!!! Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday - I promise to notice and comment on your awesomely clean house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you, too! I always said the dust will be there, but the kiddos, not so much, so play. You can always leave the vacuum cleaner out so that if someone comes over unexpectedly, you can say, "Oh, I was just going to vacuum, but let's sit down and have a cup of coffee and catch up instead." Always worked for me.

    ReplyDelete