Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Fresh Start In June

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know
to be useful or believe to be beautiful."
William Morris



The above quote is my goal for June. While I don't need to be on "Hoarders" or "Clean House" I do need to get rid of some clutter.The past few months my focus has been on things that I need to change inwardly, so I am really looking forward to June because it is my month to PURGE!!!!
I don't like clutter, at all. It makes me stressed and anxious. Clutter does not make me happy! So in my quest to become a happier person, clutter has to go! Walking thru my house you might not notice the clutter, but it is there. In closets, in drawers, and in the garage (the black hole).
My problem comes when I just have to break down and get rid of things that we have spent money on. I feel wasteful, even if we have more than gotten our money out of it!
As I am looking around I realize that there are boxes that haven't been fully unpacked since we live in Arizona. I realize that there are things that might have come out of boxes, but that I haven't used. Or things that just aren't practical or meaningful for us now.
My goal is to make my way through the house. Today I completed my son's room, worked on both of my daughters room and by doing that threw away three bags of trash, and found alot of things that I can sell online.
I am dreading attacking the garage because that has been my clutter "excuse". I haven't tackled it because it was supposed to be my dear hubbby's job, but not alot of the clutter is my clutter, so I will have to just tackle it!

My son's room after a much needed "decluttering"!

My pile of "sale" stuff so far...I may need to have a yardsale!

4 comments:

  1. Nice job! You need to teach your kiddos the "blitz". Remember that? Worked for us.
    By the way, what's your July goal? Anything I can help with??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a car mat? ;) I may buy that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    I have a quick question about your site. Would you mind emailing me back when you have a minute @ christinajohnson126@gmail.com

    Thank you,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete