Thursday, July 22, 2010

One room down......





My dining room is done!!! WHOOHOO!!!! Insert champagne bottles popping and confetti being flown in the air!
Everything in my dining room works towards the function of that room. My function for the dining room: To promote togetherness between family and friends thru food and sharing time.
We have a desk in the dining room...the original plan was to use that desk as a desk. However, we have had it for at least 6 months and I can count on one hand how many times I have used it. So now we are using it to hold family pictures and doubling it as a buffet when we have company. We also have a small table being used to hold our box of family silverware as well as Andrew's cigar humidor.
I felt that keeping family pictures in the room was a nice reminder of the family that might not be here all the time to share meals with us, but are still an important part of the family.
In the middle of our dining room table is a centerpiece that Cameron and I made together. My goal is to make a centerpiece with him and eventually Reagan for each change of season. I believe that it is important to have touches of each family member in every room. We all live here, we all need to be a part of the house.
I still want to add things to the room, more decorative touches than anything else. I want to get some art on the wall, placemats for the table and things like that, but as for the functionality of the room....it is finished!

P.S. The picture of the drawer I included was the messy one that I included in the last post!

No comments:

Post a Comment